We are looking for Windows Server Engineer for our client in Minneapolis, MN
Job Title: Windows Server Engineer
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Infrastructure Server Engineer : Under minimal supervision, implement and manage IT Infrastructure in compliance with IT strategies and road-maps, as well as provide technical support in an integrated, multiplatform system environment.
- This includes: system hardware, software, desktop, networks, voice communications, disaster recovery, monitoring, and security.
- Ensure availability and accessibility of infrastructure systems accordingly to established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Collaborate with third party vendors and manage delivery of contracted services ensuring compliance with processes and best practices.
- Engage with other IT departments and business partners to translate business objectives into cohesive recommendations and solutions, define infrastructure design, and deliver quality services and solutions.
- Evaluate and implement new products available through outside vendors. Establish and document operational standards and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities vary based on specific areas of expertise: a) Server: Responsible for the analysis, design, installation, configuration, maintenance, system integration testing, documentation, and support of server based operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Support Web access and electronic messaging services and maintain a secure systems environment. Establish hardware standards and specifications based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and maintain the server infrastructure.
- Communicate infrastructure standards to customers and seek feedback to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and vendor partners to a) evaluate applicable technology trends, b) research, evaluate and recommend enterprise server software and hardware products, and c) establish hardware and server operating system standards.
- Provide operational oversight of Infrastructure vendor performance, including maintenance of SLA's, aged incidents, capacity planning, and problem resolution.
- Review monitoring and control of infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput, and availability.
- Manage and administer the lifecycle of servers, operating systems, enterprise applications and utilities (i.e. anti-virus, patch management, and monitoring tools).
- Manage work requests related to server infrastructure including incident response, service requests, and change requests.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the design, implementation and operation of server infrastructure and processes.
- Design, install, configure, and maintain server operating systems, related utilities, and hardware.
- Deploy new software technology installs and updates to existing server operating systems.
- Develop scripts to automate server infrastructure activities and processes. Respond to incidents and troubleshoot server problems.