Windows Server Administrator Team Lead
This role will be responsible for the leadership of the local Windows Server team.
Designs and develops integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of products. Performs testing and integration, maintenance and escalated problem resolution of systems, subsystems and components.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons of software/hardware systems to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes potential systems investments and prepares supporting documentation for recommendation(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Analyzes and resolves system support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
- Conducts moderately complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assists in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Develops and implements training tools and documentation.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Performs repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Provides work guidance/direction to other team members
- Must have skills to be considered for the role:
- Team Lead experience
- Windows Server 2008 and greater
- VMWare ESXi
- Storage Area Networks
- Scripting (e.g. Powershell or VBScript)
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Security Clearance (CGP/ITAR)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven to ten years of experience in server engineering, server administration, operating systems support.
- Experienceworking with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experienceworking with, including script creation, in one or more server scriptinglanguages (e.g. VBScript or Powershell)
- Team leadership experience
- In depth experience with Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of VMWare ESXi
- Experience with Storage Area Networks including Storage Arrays & FC switches
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of systems
- Communication skills to communicate system proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, team members as well as executives and senior management
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Leadership skills to assist less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate moderately complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED