Performs computer system administration duties in a distributed enterprise network, including file and print servers, application servers, email servers, and database servers. Works with users, vendors, and consultants to resolve problems with distributed applications, servers, and network services. Acts as project resource for implementation of new technology delivery systems.
- Associate's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent technical training and experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) server category or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a technical support position in a microcomputer environment
- 2 years of experience supporting a large, distributed Windows Server environment
- 2 years of experience in server virtualization utilizing VMware, including multi-site deployments
- 2 years of experience in installing/configuring/managing enterprise anti-malware and data protection products and using PowerShell for configuration management and task automation
- 2 years of experience in load balancers, SQL deployment, WindowsInternet Information Services and Windows Clustering (Windows2008 and above), and large Microsoft Exchange environments, including creating and configuring group policy objects and monitoring and troubleshooting Active Directory replication in a distributed enterprise
- Experience in an ITIL services framework
- Experience in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office products, and installing Microsoft applications in a network environment
- Experience in installing and configuring automated monitoring tools
- Bachelor's degree
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), or VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- 1 year of experience in healthcare data processing
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Understands technical environments in order to create and document processes and procedures
- Well-developed organizational, written communication, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative/executive staff and patient care systems users
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Expertise with foundational networking principles, including DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory in a distributed enterprise
- Available 24/7 for issues and problem escalations
- Administers configurations of critical network systems, including vCenter, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, IBM Endpoint Manager, F5 load balancers, and EMC Avamar.
- Provides user support services as a second level, accepting trouble reports and dispatching trouble tickets to appropriate system administrators and vendors.
- Designs network operating system, including configuration of servers, workstations, virtual hosts, terminal servers, access servers, firewalls, and third-party applications.
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures for critical operational activities.
- Provides third-level support to technical support team.
- Performs technical analysis of network operating systems using diagnostic tools to enable growth capacity planning.
- Researches and makes recommendations for new products based on current and projected goals.
- Verifies network is run in accordance with guidelines set by upper management.
- Oversees implementation of data center hardware and software to ensure the organization's best interests.
- Develops standards and documentation of all network operating systems.
- Mentors other system administrators.
- Responds to trouble tickets and systems alerts based on defined service level agreements.
- Takes corrective action when appropriate.
- Monitors and remediates scheduled system maintenance jobs.
- Maintains current operating system/security patches and upgrades systems.
- Provides user and desktop computer support in Active Directory.
- Creates and maintains shared print queues.
- Administers Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Provisions virtual machines from templates.
- Administers enterprise backups.
- Follows DCLM processes and standards.
- Follows industry reference architectures and best practices in designing, implementing, and supporting infrastructure operations systems/technologies.
- Follows, performs, and completes required change request processes and documentation.
- Participates in P1 leadership escalation management when requested.
Requisition #: 20647