We are looking for ??Windows / Linux VMware Engineerfor our client in New York City, NY
Job Title: Windows / Linux VMware Engineer
Job Location: New York City, NY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Provide Tier III Administering Linux and Windows Server environments including configuring, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Manage, support high-availability with VMWare ESXi and VCenter
- Address L2 & L3 user and environment issues quickly and efficiently with minimal downtime.
- Linux and Windows Server Deployments and upgrades
- Collaborate with external groups, as required; Develop, architect, recommend, and implement enterprise hardware and software solutions
- Patch management configuration
- Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5-7+?years of experience in enterprise Linux and Windows Server Infrastructure
- Windows Server Family (2008, 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x or Oracle Linux 5.9 Administration and management.
- DNS, DHCP, IPAM
- Active Directory - group policies, permissions
- User account management and administration.
- File Server Management and Administration.
- VMWare administration in a large clustered environment
- Strong Linux and Windows server troubleshooting and skills
- Knowledge of firmware upgrade on different hardware
- Knowledge of different hardware from Oracle and Troubleshooting Hardware issue
- Experience managing Incident and Request tickets with ServiceNow ITSM tools.
- Experience on Multi-Protocol support.
- Basic Knowledge of Puppet, Chef or Desired Config management tools.
- Knowledge of Veritas Volume manger and ZFS