Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Baltimore, MD area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as primary Windows or Linux System Administrator for a large classified government contract
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Able to support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
- Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
To be considered for this position you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Current Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Windows experience.
Candidates with these desired skills may be given preferred consideration:
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
- Server management.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows domain architecture experience.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Currently Active Top Secret Clearance with active SCI or ability to be granted SCI level.