Armor is seeking talented and highly motivated individuals to interface with a wide array of cloud technologies. Ideal candidates for this position will possess exceptionally high skills in Windows operating systems, virtualization in a service-provider model, and cloud application support. Daily, our Support Engineers provide technical consultation to our customers via telephone, live chat, and tickets. They will also have a strong desire to meet the needs of our customers quickly and efficiently.
Windows L3 Escalation Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Troubleshoot issues in support of production web hosting systems within SLA/escalation guidelines.
- Troubleshoot issues in support of cloud application services that are geared towards a security centric environment.
- Provides top tier Windows OS support for Armor’s Customers
- Provide root cause analysis and deep dive troubleshooting for a wide array of Windows, database, network, VMware, and other related technical issues.
- Fulfill provisioning orders for new cloud servers and perform website and application migrations on new and existing cloud servers
- Complete website and database migrations successfully and without errors
- Resolve technical and logical support inquiries via phone, chat, and tickets
- Continually identify efficiencies for systems, processes and procedures
- Interact with Customer Experience Managers and main customer contacts daily
- Occasionally assist with customer needs during off hours
- Windows Server installation, administration and troubleshooting.
- Active Directory and Exchange administration.
- Web Servers: IIS
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (installation, administration, and troubleshooting)
- Proficient with Windows clustering
- Able to handle private and confidential information with physical and ethical care
- Proficient with VMware, Virtual Cloud Director and back-up solutions
- Advanced understanding of troubleshooting connectivity to remote cloud environments
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP
- Advanced understanding of DNS
- Advanced understanding of SSL / VPN
- Able to administer hosted services, such as email clients/servers, FTP clients/servers, virtualization technologies, and web site migrations involving databases
- Able to confidently manage servers via the PowerShell
- Able to promptly respond to inquiries via email, telephone, ticketing systems and other electronic communications
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple customer inquiries at once
- Able to work overnight, weekend on-call shifts as
Education And/Or Experience:
- High school diploma or general equivalence degree (GED) (required)
- Minimum three years performing Windows Systems Administration tasks (required)
- Minimum three years working in web hosting (preferred)
- Associates degree or bachelor's degree (preferred)
Job Code: 796