Technical Specialist (TS1) with specialized knowledge and experience in supporting Windows Server environments with HP EVA storage technology.
* Assist in the maintenance of the existing OOD computer processing infrastructure. While working with minimal guidance, perform routine maintenance on the current server and storage architecture. This includes restorative actions in the event of any outages. Experience with following: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Active Directory, GPO, clustering, load balancing, HP EVA storage, HP Servers, VMWare Virtual Server and VDI structure and design.
* Must be proficient in scripting with Windows PowerShell to automate all current and manual processes in order to transfer IT into a more efficient engine with minimal resources and reduction in staffing.
* In conjunction with OOD Infrastructure management, make recommendations for minimal cost actions that improve the maintenance of the environment or the ability to recover the environment in the event of an outage. Implement, or assist in the implementation of, approved recommendations.
* Provide expertise, guidance, support and/or training to OOD infrastructure staff as assigned/needed.
* Assist in the IT Transformation project by, providing requested information on the current environment or as otherwise assigned.
* Take corrective action, subject to OOD Management approval, to resolve all issues and problems encountered to ensure the infrastructure performs as required.
* Strong communication/ leadership skills.
* Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
* Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
* Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
* Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
* Have strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of system and/or user requirements.
* Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
* Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably use the English language.
* 5 years of verifiable experience as a Senior Infrastructure Specialist maintaining Windows Server environments.
* 5 years of verifiable experience as a Senior Infrastructure Specialist supporting SQL Server environments.
* 5 years of verifiable experience analyzing, configuring and maintaining VMWare ? Virtual Server/VDI.
* 5 years of verifiable experience in support of infrastructure storage, with a strong preference for HP storage solutions experience (e.g., HP EVA 3000).
* 3 years of verifiable experience that includes synchronizing infrastructure support with other members of infrastructure, applications, database administration, security, and networking.
* 2 years proficient in writing, testing and deploying scripts with Windows PowerShell.
* Experience supporting load and performance testing of applications in an n-tier environment