The Software Technical Lead (TL) will be part of the Windows Platform Software Group. As a TL, you will be the primary technical contact driving the software delivery for upcoming products/ASICs. You will be working closely with a program manager from the beginning of the program (when the program requirements are being defined) until the program reaches the first level of customers. This is a high profile role with exposure within the entire department.
- Working together with program managers to lead the technical effort for developing graphics driver for new ASICs.
- Working with hardware and software designers and architects to review design documents.
- Leading the emulation effort for pre-silicon driver bring-ups for new Asics
- Working with hardware and software teams to enable all features.
- Leading the debug efforts for the critical issues.
- Minimum 5 year experience in C/C++
- Strong leadership experience; outgoing and proactive attitude to effectively drive issues.
- Minimum 3 year experience in low level programming (kernel, device drivers, ideally Windows based)
- Experience with software debugging tools (ideally windbg)
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS architecture and understanding of Windows driver architecture, especially WDDM, kernel mode, virtual memory vs physical memory.
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks.
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Able to work effectively across teams and organizations and effectively communicate with individuals with a broad range of backgrounds (technical, management, etc)
- An understanding of basic GPU features and functionality
- Understanding of HW architecture and terminologies (memory mapped register, simulation, emulation, bus, voltage/frequency, memory, power/clock gating, DRAM, SRAM, ROM, DMA, MMR, PCI, PCI configuration space, direct IO).
- Previously held position leading a team/group
Requisition Number: 49144