Our client is seeking a Windows Engineer to join the Performance Engineering team, their goal is to implement a review process for all applications being deployed to the virtual platform and ensuring only suitable apps get introduced into the environment. This team will work closely with the Platform Engineering teams, Application Owners across the firm and Product Vendors collecting and analyzing data ultimately providing highly detailed reports that will allow product owners to remediate applications accordingly.
- Analyze mission-critical business and core applications, and how they function and interact in today's complex virtualized IT environment
- Understand end to end complex applications used by large financial organizations and the performance impact on the virtual windows operating environment
- Serve as the gatekeepers for critical applications that are being packaged for deployment into the virtualized windows platform
- Conduct comprehensive analysis/troubleshooting of Windows based applications in effort to assess its efficiency in utilizing Operating System resources.
- Interpret test results and identify root cause of discovered issues.
- Cooperating with application developers, vendors during applications performance troubleshooting.
- Senior level experience in troubleshooting of Windows Operating System and applications operating issues.
- Advanced working knowledge of following tools: Performance Monitor, Sysinternals Suite (Process Monitor, Process Explorer), Windows Performance Analyzer/xPerf.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System performance counters in reference to Memory, CPU, DISK, Threads, Handles etc.
- Experienced in advanced troubleshooting and performance testing of Windows OS and Windows based applications – Performance testing refers to analysis of OS resources utilization by tested product and responsiveness from an End User perspective.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System performance counters in reference to Memory, CPU, DISK, Threads, Handles etc.
- Technical ability to troubleshoot desktop incidents specifically tied to performance impacting applications.
- Experienced with the automation of application testing (eg. Login VSI, AppsWatch, HP Load Runner, or similar).