Windows ADS (with Windows Server, VMWare) Architect
11 - 15 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: Windows ADS (with Windows Server, VMWare) Architect? - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Overall 10+ years of experience as ?tower ?Lead, working with Onsite/ Offshore Teams with the the following technologies
- Experience working Active Directory Services Design, Upgrade, Migration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Windows Server Platform (2003/08/12) Installation, Administration
- Expertise in managing VMware Environments (Including VCenter, VMotion)
- Proficient MS tools SCCM, SCOM and possibly some experience in MS Exchange, Citrix, SharePoint, IIS and Windows Tools/ Apps
- Experience and Expertise on Windows2008 r2, 2012Network services – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, RAS, Group Policies, FTP & SFTP etc.
- Good Understanding of virtualization technology (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Overall knowledge and understanding on DC’s, physical hardware placements, racking, cabling etc.
- Experience on VMware ESX 3.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 vSphere would be preferable.
- Experience in P2V, vMotion and VMware vCenter administration.
- Good hands on Experience in diagnostics & troubleshooting of ESX server environment.
- Good understanding of HA and DRS environment.
- Experience in performance tuning of VMware servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Solarwinds, NetCool
- Knowledge of Patch management using tools like WSUS, SCCM
- Knowledge of ITSM and ITIL frameworks – Change Management, Incident and Problem Management. Participated in Root Cause Analysis. Exposure to ServiceNow ticketing tool.
- Excellent in PowerShell scripting and task automation work with measurable outputs and operational efficiencies
- Good at dealing with hardware and OEM vendors for support and troubleshooting purpose for H/W break fix and large platform/server upgrades/migration is required
- Good at dealing and coordinating with multiple teams/stakeholders within the support structure, in order to run the daily operations smoothly
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills with very good customer facing and stakeholder management skills at a multi geography level is must
- Sr System administrator capable of handling team in both offshore and onsite model
- Capable to deliver the 24x7 support model for Server infrastructure
- Technically strong and capable in designing the complex server infrastructure
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Should have knowledge in multiple operating systems ( Windows , Unix , VMware ) and good skill in the Server , storage platform
- Should be able to lead the team and capable to do the capacity and problem management