Summary of Responsibilities:
- Designs, configures and supports all Windows-based server solutions and infrastructure.
- Recommend standards and processes for implementation and support of all Windows-based server solutions to provide a functional, productive and cost effective work environment for all internal technology users.
- Make recommendations to management in regards to design, configuration, solution architecture that have significant financial impact.
- Consults with customers to identify technical requirements of projects involving new and existing solutions.
- Involved in project planning from technical as well as architectural level.
- Build on existing requirements and procedures to provide cost effective results while providing scalable, redundant, effective solutions satisfying the customer?s needs.
- Provide expert level technical support for all internal technology users of Windows-based server solutions and personal computing devices.
- Investigate and resolve technical outages to establish potential impact with minimal supervision.
- Recommend solutions to minimize potential impact and future risk of services.
- Works with the help desk to develop standards and procedures to resolve technical issues.
- Evaluate planned technical changes in other MIS areas to solutions which interact with Windows-based solutions and recommend any necessary actions to ensure continued functionality of Windows-based solutions for our internal technology users.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree in Information Systems preferred, or related field.
- 2+ years experience providing technical support within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft / PC fundamentals and an understanding of major networking concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to complete implementations and resolve issues.
- Ability to move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Windows Server Admin: 1year
- Networking: 1year
- patching: 1year
- Technical Support in a Microsoft Windows environment: 2years