Coverage area of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Western Pennsylvania. Candidates preferred to reside in or near Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati or Pittsburgh.
The Wide Format Specialist-GA is responsible for Ricoh Wide Format production revenue plan attainment for assigned Regional territory and National Accounts within the Ricoh US Direct Channel.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The (WFS) role is sales & subject matter expert role responsible for providing technical wide format sales and pre-sales expertise that results in successfully selling and integrating wide format solutions into any qualified customer environment
- The WFS is focused to environments including but not limited to Commercial Printers, Print for Pay providers, Sign Shops, Corporate Central Reproduction Departments, In-Plants, Marketing Departments, Engineering Departments
- The WFS identifies solutions related to wide format print opportunities as well as those environments producing decals, car wraps and short run labeling.
- Responsible for selling RICOH digital graphic arts wide format color, black and white and AEC wide format solutions. The WFS also positions partner solutions around finishing and software solutions (software design tools, laminators, cutters and grommet devices that are not directly sold by Ricoh)
- Maintains sustained sales activities. Responsible for supporting the Ricoh Production Printing US direct sales force in conducting and presenting benchmark analysis, discovery, demonstrations, proposals and value propositions related to the production environments inside of account base. This involves applying a consultative approach to C level and IT contacts, using the Solution Selling Process to analyze the customer's business requirements and develop customized solutions, including ROI's, with focus to exceeding customer requirements.
- The GAWFS is responsible for driving multiple relationships and pipeline development independently inside the list of key focus accounts as well as working as a pre-sales subject matter expert for Ricoh US direct sales force.
- Maintains CRM System (RForce). Utilizes RForce system to maintain a record of all activities inside of each account. This involves many varied tasks not limited to daily updates on account activities using the notes and history section, maintaining up-to-date and accurate records on account actions and identifying and recording competitive information on accounts. Full utilization of the account planning tools as well.
- Reviews leads, pending orders and lease upgrades, developing action plans to progress each cycle.
- Inspects sales reps forecasting. Inspects timely and accurate forecasts entered by reps on account assignment by way of Ricoh litmus test and RForce utilization.
- Works with integrated team to identify and implement next steps in Phase 123 pipeline for each account. This includes itemizing current state in each account along with identifying next steps in progressing the sales cycle. Maintains 20 times monthly budget in phase 1 pipeline, 10 times monthly budget in Phase 2 and 8 times monthly budget in Phase 3. These pipelines should be cleaned and updated each week inside of RForce.
- Maintains KPI objectives. This involves daily, weekly and monthly behaviors.
- Reviews stated expectations
- Reviews leads
- Reviews pending orders
- Reviews Phase 123 pipeline
- Adds competitive intelligence
- Conducts the minimum expectation of quality selling activities/KPI
- Inspects and updates forecast
- Reviews pending orders and implementations
- Cleans and updates Phase 123 pipeline
- Reviews activities against stated expectations/KPI
- Prepares for monthly Rap with Global Wide Format Director
- Actively updates and participates in CAD's with manager
- Maintains monthly planner
- Qualify and prioritize sales leads
- Actively participates in account-planning sessions by providing an update on the activity in the account, Input/feedback on the sales strategy, offering assistance in identifying opportunities in the account and surface potential issues.
- Manages territory by protecting and increasing a profitable revenue stream within focus accounts. This involves participating in account reviews with each account every 90 days. Each account review is a planned eventscheduled and delivered in front of the account. Reviews include but are not limited to evaluating current state, customer satisfaction and completeness of strategy implementation along with next steps in advancing the account.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Ricoh sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Requires 4-year college degree or experience equivalency
- Requires a minimum of 5-8years of advanced selling assignments; industry selling experience is preferred with previous experienceselling into digital graphic arts high-volume, connected and heavy color environments preferred.
- Requires experience and understanding in technologies surrounding networks, RIPS, color profiling and media related to the graphic arts wide format market.
- Requires skill in application sales and experience in the sale of graphic arts wide format printers, network products and high volume products into a variety of user environments.
- Requires C Level communication capabilities and ability to drive sales engagements independently at said levels of contact inside a multitude of Industry types
- Requires the ability to build, on the basis of the prospect's requirement, an accurate ROI for purchase justification
- Requires experience as a negotiator and tremendous objection handling skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per RICOH's policy.
- Must be a self starter with complete self accountability. Business maturity and acumen is a must.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/Disability/Veteran