As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our products are engineered on the inside for life on the outside. That means our engineers don’t just create products—they inspire those who put them to the test. They help us bring innovative GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. Our products—and their skills—are built using some of the best technology in the industry. With so many ways to use your ingenuity, chances are you'll do your best work here.
We are seeking a full-time Wi-Fi Technology Leader at our world headquarters in Olathe, Kansas (a beautiful suburb of Kansas City). In this role, you will be responsible for managing Wi-Fi wireless solutions such as wearable music sync through planning, development, launch, and long-term evolution within Garmin products. The Wireless Technology Leader role is a cross-functional and highly technical position which is responsible for developing solutions ranging from simple to complex within a family of technologies and products. A fully capable Wireless Technology Leader should be able to manage the application of a technology to existing products and develop new use cases in future products with minimal guidance. Other essential functions include:
Serve as wireless technology champion within Garmin product lines:
- Understand and relentlessly champion Garmin executive and business segment values & vision to set compelling styling and feature goals resulting in a superior product experience that answer the questions “Why Garmin” and “Why This Feature”
- In collaboration with business segment leadership, clearly identify and champion essential features which define a differentiated and superior product, the key requirements from the product concept, while discerning and rejecting features and products that are overburdened or are not useful to the target customer
Understand and advocate for the voice of the customer in Garmin products:
- Develop thorough market, customer and competitor understanding as inputs to the product and service definition & design process
- Evaluate, review and gain approval of prototypes in partnership with development team to meet the agreed upon product vision and objectives
- Exercise well aligned judgment regarding product usability, customer expectations, and creative product tradeoffs
Define superior wireless solutions for Garmin products:
- Assist with the development and management of Garmin’s worldwide vision and road map for a wireless technology in collaboration with segment leadership, engineering, sales and marketing that are in-line with the segment vision and satisfy the objectives of the segment business plan
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or another relevant engineering/technical field. Otherqualifications include: