We are recruiting for an experienced Manager to assist in the oversight of our Wireless Networks Operations at some very high visibility venues in NYC Region. Based out of our New York, NY office, this Telecommunications professional will report to the Director of Operation – US East Region, and will supervise 3-4 Field Engineers, and their respective venues and customers.
For project activity, the ‘FOM’ will work closely with our customer to understand and comply with technical, aesthetic, and general installation requirements relative to Wi-Fi Systems installations and modifications at airports, stadiums, arenas, and military bases.
For ongoing support, the FOM will supervise the Field Engineers effectiveness with Trouble Ticket resolution, and proactive maintenance of the Networks.
Strong field deployment planning, project scheduling, and communication skills are absolute requirements in this role. Capabilities in remote management of staff, projects, and upward reporting, will be in heavy demand.
- Conduct site surveys for constructability and RF Design considerations
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of installation and final as-built drawing packages
- Prepare Statement of Work (SOW) and Schedule of Record
- Solicit, negotiate, and award installation jobs
- Manage the project materials procurement cycle
- Monitor installation sub's performance in accordance with: SoW, Schedule, Budget, and Quality
- Prepare and submit status reports to customer and management
- Support field and network engineers during testing phase as required
- Supervise Field Engineer Network monitoring and incident response performance
- Work directly with customers on network access and network speed problems as Tier 2 customer support
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 3-5 years of operations management experience (inside plant or cable/telecommunications and Wi-Fi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired).
- Supervisory experience of small remote field based teams
- Experience with Wi-Fi access point and wireless controller configurations, preferably with Ruckus, Cisco and Siklu equipment.
- Ability to install and configure switches, P2P Microwave Radio’s and UPS/PDU units
- Competently identify building architecture and construction techniques
- Possess a functional understanding of various central office network elements
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Visio
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Must meet physical requirements of the role which include gaining access to and working on building rooftops installing microwave equipment and able to carry 70+ lb. if needed.
- Position will participate in on-call rotation to provide 24-hour support
- Must be willing and able to travel within a region