Motiva is a fully owned affiliate of Saudi Refining Inc. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, TX, United States.
Motiva Enterprises owns and operates the Port Arthur Refinery in Port Arthur, Texas. On May 25th, 2012, Motiva officially completed its expansion of the refinery to a capacity of 600,000 bbl/d (95,000 m3/d) making it the largest refinery in North America and the fifth largest in the world.
Motiva's products include diesel, gasoline, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), aviation fuel, and lubricants which it supplies to American states in the South, Mid-Atlantic, and the Northeast. Marketing outlets include Shell and 76-branded service stations. There are 24 storage and distribution terminals.
Motiva Fuels Sales and Marketing is currently seeking a Wholesale Territory Manager to join our team. New Motiva Wholesale Territory Managers are required to take part in a 12-18 month rotational program (timing can fluctuate based on business need and candidate development) based in our Houston, TX headquarters. The rotational program consists of assignments within Motiva Fuels Sales and Marketing’s different business arms: Loading & Support Services, Pricing & Demand Management, Business Operations, and Marketing & Competitive Intelligence. The rotational assignments will lead to knowledge and understanding of Motiva’s business, processes, financial impact, customer behaviors, deal analysis, economic modeling, marketing programs, pricing, supply etc. The experiences gained in the headquarters’ assignments will give the candidate a feel for our customer needs and issues prior to managing a territory of their own within the Motiva Geography. Upon completion of the program candidates will be assigned within the field. Full mobility a must.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MOTIVA WHOLESALE TERRITORY MANAGER:
- Work with a high level of independence (responsible for the wholesales sales operations within a state, or specific market) in executing all sales, marketing initiatives and programs. Position requires self-motivation, and excellent time management skills.
- Sales management of wholesalers with key performance deliverables of growing branded business (volume) through an indirect, wholesaler channel. Responsible for margin delivery; branded customer value proposition (CVP) and wholesaler programs and overall network management.
- Deal with very large wholesalers that operate with multiple channels or complex business models in different geographies that may span across multiple states. The Territory Manager must understand how various local economies act and behave so they can actively seek and follow up on opportunities to increase the value for the portfolio of customers they oversee.
- Depending on the region or brand, a heavy emphasis will be placed on new business development and delivering operational excellence within his/her region.
- Understand competitive environment to ensure competitive initial offer and maximize the value of the brand(s) for Motiva.
- Develop a crisp “go to” market sales & business development plan
- Develop growth plan and sales’ targets
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and contacts at the appropriate levels with the Motiva Fuels Sales & Marketing staff to assist in critical areas of supply, credit, finance, etc. to resolve complex issues across functions and to assure the business runs smoothly.
TERRITORY MANAGER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- New Business Development: understand competitive market, use of industry and in market resources to analyze business environment; Commercial and financial acumen in deal structuring, modeling and negotiating. The ability to structure and articulate deal structure and economic tradeoffs to secure business. Develop growth plans and sales targets.
- Relationship Management: Build positive working relationship with wholesalers and have the ability to adopt to different professional styles and work well with various staff within a wholesalers organization.
- Contract compliance: Ensure contractual terms & conditions are met. Work with sales management on deal structure and leveraging brand value to secure branded business.
- Operational Excellence: complete comprehension of the downstream supply chain and complexities of the retailing fuel business. Act as liaison between wholesaler requests and various groups in Motiva FSM business such as demand, pricing, legal, credit, business operations and marketing.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
We are looking for someone with the following Skills, Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry and/or relatable sales with B2B skillsets. Prior experience with managing customers from a sales perspective a must.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum four (4) years previous business experience.
- Must be able / willing to relocate within Motiva geography.