The Risk Policy Group Manager is accountable for management of wholesale credit Risk Management Policies. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within wholesale Risk Management and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of policy development, interpretation and enhancement. Exercises interaction with subject matter experts, policy formulation and planning. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions for own area.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned global and more complex review policies including the execution of Policy Monitoring and Reviews in accordance with corporate policy.
- Monitor and evaluate policy compliance for wholesale credit risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of wholesale credit risk controls of assigned businesses.
- Propose pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues; maintain ongoing contact with subject matter experts and corrective action follow-up.
- Assess quality of wholesale credit policies, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
- Assess effectiveness of the wholesale credit risk processes and standards of assigned entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Review and assess the appropriateness, completeness and usage trends of the wholesale credit risk policies.
- Ensure that Corrective Action Plans for assigned wholesale credit policies are monitored and duly validated addressing concerns.
- Aids Quality Assurance activities as Subject Matter Expert
- 5-8 years' experience as wholesale credit risk officer
- Thinks and makes decisions in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment
- Good project management skills
- Able to interface with various levels of management in Global/Region/Business and across functions
- Knowledge in wholesale risk management credit cycle processes and asset product operations
- Maintain effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk issues, strength in sustaining autonomous views
Bachelor's/University degree, masters degree perferred
-- Job Family Group:
Risk Management -- Job Family:
Risk Policy -- Time Type:
Full time --
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting