Reporting to the Head of Staff Development, this New York based role will be responsible for building and delivering training courses aimed at enhancing knowledge of business risk in Deutsche Bank’s products and best market control practices, General Audit’s audit methodology and people skills relevant to the execution of our audit plans.
Operating in a challenging environment, with a dynamic audit methodology and a large number of new joiners in General Audit (GA), the role holder will play a key part in helping deliver the following components of our tactical plan:
- The launch of inspirational staff induction
- The production of baseline competence training material
- Running methodology refresher courses
- Project management for Internal Audit learning
- Developing our on-line learning portal
- Enhancing staff’s learning paths
- The launch of a ground-breaking competency framework that supports the development of our people
- You will require active interaction and partnership with the Methodology, QA and the Audit Help desk teams to ensure the messages conveyed are clear and consistent. All Staff Development team members will be actively involved in the GA Continuous Improvement Program to further enhance the framework for an effective internal audit function
- Team members will proactively take ownership for their career management and work to create and reinforce an environment where people management and development is a key priority and personally demonstrate commitment to their immediate team and the wider function
- You will require flexibility to travel to other hub locations at relatively short notice for short term training assignments
We are seeking an individual who has a proven track record of operating in a wholesale banking internal audit environment and is now seeking to apply these skills to provide inspirational learning experiences and training on the practical implementation of the GA Methodology and practical risk and control challenges faced by a risk-based function in this arena.
Practical experience of building and running training courses in this field is preferable but not essential.
The role requires an excellent working knowledge of:
- International risk based internal auditing standards
- Business risks and best market control practices in some, but not necessarily all of Deutsche Banks’s core products (which include Global Markets, Corporate and Investment Banking and Asset Management)
- You should have experience of multitasking, prioritizing and being responsive to ad-hoc requests. You will need to demonstrate self-motivation and innovation, be able to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the GA Function
- You must have excellent communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Excellent team working capabilities
- Strong strategic/ analytical thinking
- The capacity to develop and drive positive change
- Independent in judgment, strongly self-motivated with the ability to challenge and be challenged whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism
- Excellent relationship management, analytical, problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
Job ID: 3169711