The Aerodynamics Engineer is part of the Wheels and Aerodynamics commercial vehicle (CV) team and aerodynamics domain of excellence to design and develop CV turbomachinery (compressor primary and turbine)
Key areas of responsibility:
- The primary responsibility of the position is to design, test and qualify compressor stages for integration in the CV portfolio, using state of the art analytical and experimental tools, in a timely manner according to the development plan established together with the CV W&A Leader.
- This requires close collaboration and involvement with the Lead Engineering customer teams to design a robust component successfully integrated in the turbocharger product
- Additional responsibilities are to provide Aerodynamics technical support to internal and external customers and to support other Aero team members in the Wheels and Aero organization for the continuous improvement of the processes, tools and technology. Special emphasis will be given to simulation capability, automation and machine learning compressor stage optimization applicability.
- Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- A minimum of three years of experience in product design in Turbomachinery or Automotive Industry is preferred
- Experience in Aerodynamic and/or Mechanical design.
- Testing and analysis skills, including FEA, CFD analysis tools; experience in 3D design packages (CATIA or Onshape)
- Programming (python) and machine learning experience is a plus