Work in a loose and exciting environment while seeing your ideas come to life. You will generate and develop concepts for Brunswick Boat Group products with a focus on Boston Whaler. Create exciting products through a process that has a strong focus on user centered design through extensive contextual research. You will gain an understanding of how and why people use boats and be able to translate insights, while using your intuition, into industry leading products. You will be responsible for the design of every aspect of the boat concentrating on research, form, innovation, aesthetics, ergonomics, space utilization and product feasibility. You will lead projects to ensure that they deliver on the research and design vision. You will work closely with engineering and project management to ensure that the design direction is feasible.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research. Understand it. Live it. Design by it.
- Empathy. Understand how consumers feel, feel as they do and let it inform your values.
- Sketch, a lot, and do it well.
- Break rules, find new solutions, develop something extraordinary.
- Communicate. Because without it your sketch is just a pretty picture.
- Model. Make sure it is feasible. Work with others to understand constraints.
- Refine. Make it better, find alternative solutions.
- Prototype. Build it, with your hands. Create something new.
- Render. Sell the idea through thoughtful communication.
- Collaborate. Work with engineering and the rest of the business to maintain intent.
- Lead. Take others along with you. Mentor younger designers so that they have the ability to grow.
- Learn. Never stop, understand that there are opportunities everywhere.
- BachelorDegree in IndustrialDesignrequired
- Minimum of five years of experience in a design related position. Consideration will be given to experienced designers from other industries however marine experience is preferred.
- Sketch like crazy. We like a point of view and style. We use Sketchbook Pro.
- Understand how and why things work. Have an affinity for and be able to create new mechanisms.
- Understand sophisticated surface modeling, not necessarily class A, but pretty close. We use Rhino for modeling.
- Understand basic rendering techniques, we use VRay for rendering.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for and understand the principles of human centered design.
- Bring something new to our team so that we can learn as much from you as you will from us.
- Be able to lead a project and team from start to finish. Be able to understand the strat