What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with facility systems including but not limited to; HVAC, process water systems, heat exchangers, pumps, motors, chillers, cooling towers, hot water systems, power distribution systems including electrical motor control centers, pneumatic systems and controls, direct digital control (DDC) systems, hoists/cranes, roll up doors, elevators, lighting, fire protection systems, and Life Safety systems.
- Experience reading, understanding, and explaining facility structural, mechanical, electrical drawings/schematics/control diagrams and specifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, safety, security, environment, quality, and diversity in the workplace.
- Experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), i.e., Asset Suites to initiate work orders with comprehensive scopes of work, screening, approving and identifying priorities.
- Experience coordinating facility work within the assigned facilities or systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel including customers, managers, team members etc. regularly regarding the status of maintenance related issues, facility requests and facility status. This includes both verbally and through written communication.
- Experience operating facility equipment; preparing for maintenance activities and recover equipment after a shutdown.
- Experience using personal computer software i.e.: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an Annual Maintenance Work Plan (AMWP) for assigned facilities.
- Ability to implement and support the Conduct of Operations, Conduct of Engineering, and Conduct of Maintenance program requirements within their facilities or for their assigned systems.
- Ability to maintain a safe, environmental compliant and secure facility by effectively implementing applicable regulatory, contractual, and institutional programs and requirements as defined in LANL’s policies, procedures, and documents.
- Experience initiating Maintenance Subcontract Requests (MSR’s), creating, responding to and closing Facility Service Requests (FSR’s).
- Trained in the LANL Lock Out Tag Out procedure and familiar with the use of the Remedy software for issuing locks for LOTO applications.
- Experience with the Subcontract Technical Representative (STR) process as well as the Maintenance Subcontract Requests system (MSR’s).
- Demonstrated experience with the Facility Service Request System (FSR’s).
- Experience executing and documenting Seasonal Facility Preservation activities to ensure facilities remain operational during winter weather conditions.
- Good working knowledge of OSHA, IBC, UPC, NEC, UMC, NFPA and LANL policies and procedures.
- Experience initiating utility outages
- Experience with High Explosive facility policies, and procedures.
- Active “Q” clearance.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
Education: Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.