Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 58 days ago
Purpose: The Territory Director is responsible for leading the introduction and consistent execution of sales strategies to sustain/enhance the sales and business development culture and profitable sales performance across an assigned region. The Territory Director drives regional and branch performance, sales growth, and customer satisfaction through visible leadership, performance management, key partnerships, planning and problem resolution.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Retail Banking Sales and Operations for assigned territory
Degree of Supervision Received: Minimal
From: Director of Retail Relationships
Degree of Supervision Given: Moderate
To (Title(s)): Area Sales Managers
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Analyzes demographics, market opportunities and competitive initiatives to develop a strategic sales process and culture unique to the assigned region and in line with corporate objectives. Collaborates with other departments to create and establish a market plan to proactively address the market opportunity
2. Implements a consistent philosophy and sales process to generate internal business partnerships and promote referral opportunities across all lines of business. Develop, communicate and implement sales initiatives with internal business partners (Five Star Investment Services, Merchant Services, Mortgage, Commercial and BBU teams, etc.) to ensure that Retail and Bank financial goals are exceeded
3. Provides consistent training/modeling of the sales process by conducting regularly scheduled visits to the assigned Retail Branches to ensure that the Branches have a disciplined approach in tracking and monitoring sales activities, behaviors and pipeline activities while providing superior customer service
4. Develops customized sales plans for each Branch using market data, competitive analysis and product/cross sell penetration strategies
5. Works closely with Operations and Regional Operations Managers to ensure that Branch staff are properly trained and current in all areas of compliance, policy and procedures. Provides a consistent and disciplined approach for Branch adherence to audit policies, regulatory requirements and operational procedures.
6. Manages performance of direct reports and provides ongoing coaching and training opportunities to ensure staff has the skills and resources to be successful. Works with the Human Resource and Training Departments for recruiting activities to attract, retain and develop successful Branch staff.
7. Coach Retail sales team to develop consumer and small business relationships through expansion and, retention. Accompany Branch Managers on business development calls within their community.
8. Assists Area Sales Managers and Branch Managers in resolution of unusual and/or difficult customer situations
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Territory Director may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree Business or