Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of large project accounting staff - including oversight of career progression
- Responsible for the management and development of the West Region Project Accounting Team.
- Provide regional direction and leadership of the project accounting team within the West Region, partnering closely with Operations Managers, Area Managers, Regional Finance Manager, Regional Business Manager, and other supervisory staff.
- Meets with staff individually throughout the Region to assess skill level, training needs, and potential issues, etc. Visits offices within Region on a rotating or as needed basis.
- Regular communication with Regional Staff to share issues; discuss workload, new projects, etc.
- Individual guidance as needed when staff call with problems needing resolution
- Identifies problems within the PM/PA team and plays key role in conflict resolution when necessary
- Partners with billing supervisor, monitors invoicing progress and resolves billing questions
- Monitors and supports the project closeout process
- Regular auditing (rotating basis) of work of PA staff (may have assistance from Sr Level PA) – review findings individually and assign additional training or corrective measures if needed
- Mentoring and goal setting and Annual Review which includes feedback from PMs, LPOMs, and Area Managers on staff performance
- Weekly timesheet review and approval
- Upkeep of staff calendar
- Staff utilization review and monitoring
- Handling any complaints regarding staff and facilitating action plans and disciplinary actions
- Regular workload assessment and assignment for staff
- Assign agreement numbers after reviewing new contract information from Project Accountants
- If additional positions are required – job posting, interviewing and selection (with all appropriate follow up to HR on interview appraisals etc.)
Evaluates and advises Managers on region’s financial performance. Identifies issues and provides recommendations on overcoming any noted deficiencies.
- Open and monitor/report on design build projects
- Audits/advises on high risk projects, with involvement in monthly project reviews
- Monitors project risk contingency and communicates potential risk and opportunities to Ops Mgr.
- Reviews financial indicators on Region’s projects to identify potential problems, and assists staff when needed in performing in-depth project analysis.
- Supports Operations Managers with Project Review feedback –addresses any issues with staff
- Reports to US PA Manager on staffing, problem projects, needs, etc., including top AR/Unbilled issues
- Runs Aged Unbilled and Delinquent AR reports and review PAs comments; addresses as needed
- Runs Cost over Budget report and question PAs where adjustments are needed & follows up that they have been adjusted
- Responds to Corporate Finance on any questions regarding project financial performance, especially during monthly Revenue Recognition
Contributes as needed in regional management meetings, office operation meetings, alternative delivery meetings, and project review meetings.
- Guides staff in response to internal and external project audits
- Project work or Project Audits: may have PA responsibility on a project to keep current with PBIS issues, or audit PA work to extent needed to keep current in PBIS
- Other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience in related field), and 10+ years of relevant experience, including managing staff.
- Very strong leader - experienced in leading teams and working across all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated problem solving and relationship building skills. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, and strong understanding of accounting and contracting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software. Familiarity with Oracle is preferred.
- Experience with an engineering, construction or consulting firm is a plus.