The YMCA of Central Florida has an exciting opportunity for a Wellness Director of Group Exercise Programs at our premier Downtown Orlando YMCA Family Center.
We are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and action oriented leader to cater wellness / group exercise programming to a diverse and growing downtown membership population. S/he will provide staff and program leadership in the areas of wellness and group exercise specifically, previous related leadership experience in these areas are essential to this role. S/he will be challenged to provide a successful track record in fiscal and payroll management as well as the execution of innovative group exercise programs with an emphasis on member engagement and connections.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. To find out more about the YMCA of Central Florida and career opportunities, please visit our website at http://ymcacentralflorida.com/about-us/careers/.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in wellness, fitness or related field of study preferred.
- Must have current nationally recognized certification in group exercise.
- Additional specialized certifications such as Les Mills, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, etc. is preferred.
- ACSM, NASM, NSCA or ACE Personal Trainer or higher certification required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Ability to choreograph music with group exercise movements.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Group Exercise and Personal Training.
- Minimum 3 years in staff supervision experience; overseeing wellness, group exercise, personal training programs is essential.
- Past experience / understanding of the member engagement experience and wellness technology (Technogym highly preferred).
- Previous YMCA operations or related experience a plus. Seeking the opportunity for continued career growth within the YMCA organization preferred.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, public relations and communication skills. Additionally excellent motivation, recognition and staff training & development experience is needed.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and various fitness and wellness applications required; Oracle and Technogym experience a plus.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and engage members.
- Ability to problem solve and address staff or member concerns.
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule based on business needs that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.