The WAI Portfolio Specialist’s primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with senior members of WAI, including risk management personnel, to perform analytical work supporting the management and oversight of the alternative products (performance, risk, and portfolio analysis, etc.).
- Provide daily investment risk oversight for a set of WAI-sponsored hedge funds; prepare and review fund documents, including portfolio characteristics, RFPs and marketing materials to be shared externally with clients and prospects.
- Produce fund commentary (performance, positioning and outlook) to be shared with senior management, WAI Investment Directors, and others within Wellington Management.
- Contribute to investor relations efforts of the team responsible for building relationships with and responding to inquiries from over 1,000 clients.
- Work in tandem with WAI Investment Directors to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies with respect to our sponsored hedge funds and private equity funds; communicate strategies within both WAI and the broader Wellington Management.
- Participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate ourinvestment philosophy, strategy, positioning, and performance.
Examples of recent WAI Portfolio Specialist projects include:
- Historical performance analysis of private securities held in hedge funds
- Coordination of cross-functional effort to launch a new hedge fund, including development of marketing strategy, assessment of disclosure & reporting requirements, and management of operational complexities
- Assessment of the impact of regulatory developments on our funds and investors
- Maintaining data integrity of inputs for a custom risk analytics tool
The successful candidate for this position will have strong academic credentials, client relationship skills, demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and is likely to have at least 5+ years of experience in a related position. An understanding of asset management, financial markets and a solid knowledge of statistics will also be important. Prior experience in a related position, advanced academic work (MBA, MS, etc.) and/or CFA are preferred.