We are looking for Websphere Application Server Engineer / Architect for our client in Durham, NC
Job Title: Websphere Application Server Engineer / Architect
Job Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will act as a technical lead responsible for the support, design, installation, configuration, monitoring, including performance and capacity planning of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and Web servers that run on AIX.
- Responsibilities include supporting, analyzing, and making performance or capacity recommendations as necessary, providing technical guidance and leadership to team members, and serving as the escalation point for all issues not resolved by the othersupport staff.
- This position is also responsible to analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommend modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability, perform logical and physical design (HA, multi-jvm, and multi-cell), research new and developing technology and their applicability to the environments, develop and document existing or new procedures as well as creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Duties also include providing operational support for WAS, IBM HTTP Server and other products supported by the middleware team.
- This position must deliver project based work to agreed target dates as well as participate in rotating on-callsupport24x7 and be available to work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.