Description of Work:
Be part of a team responsible for monitoring and correcting software problems that prevent the continued operation of the online systems. This work has an impact on the continued operation, performance, and efficiency of all online systems.
Work independently and with other personnel to troubleshoot problems that are detected in the online applications. Communicate with support personnel and report problems and resolutionsthrough the normal channels while ensuring that operational outages are minimized and system response time is kept to a minimum.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform WebSphere administration
- Support UNIX/Linux server infrastructures (RH/SOLARIS)
- Support web-based applications
- Develop and maintain scripts
- Experience using Ansible or other automation tools
- Familiar with multiple virtualization technologies, including LDOMS, KVM, and RHEVM.
- Maintain, deploy and troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues on the distributed Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- Analyze and debug WebSphere performance problems
- Respond to Alerts and email messages identifying problems.
- Identify and report underlying system software problems.
- Upon determination and resolution of a problem, ensure that all members of the monitoring room staff, management, developers and customers are briefed on the problem including how the problem was detected, resolution alternatives and reasoning for the course of action taken.
- Able to maintain, deploy and troubleshoot and resolve WebSphere configuration issues on the distributed Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments
- ??Support, implement and maintain new and existing applications coming into the environment
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 5 Years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 11 years of relevant work experience as a Computer Systems Analyst in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of Experience WebSphere Administration
- 2 years of Experience identifying and troubleshooting WebSphere problems
- 5 years of Experience system administration of UNIX/Linux server infrastructures (RedHat and/or Oracle Solaris)
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Knowledge of WebSphere configuration and ability to do troubleshooting of hosted applications.