5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title : Websphere Admin
Location : Richardson, TX
Job Type : Full time
Provide middleware administration duties for online banking and eCommerce platforms, end-to-end, including WebSphere, jBoss, Apache, IBM HTTP Server, and WXS (extreme scale cache);
Delivering middleware enterprise projects and regulatory legislative initiatives; Ensuring production stability from an ongoing support standpoint; Ensuring middleware platforms are patched with the most current version of software, helping to manage risk to the customer; Providing WebSphere Application Server administration that includes server installation, configuration, performance tuning and production support; Working with customers (application teams and/or testing teams) on a daily basis and providing WebSphere and Java support; Serving as a J2EE architect and making recommendations on J2EE best practices in application development;
Designing WebSphere infrastructure and WebSphere topology design for high availability and failover capability; Providing technical consultation to other team members and their supported areas; Communicating with business partners at an enterprise level; Interfacing with internal customers and external vendors for consultation at various points of the software development life cycle (SDLC); and, Executing production changes for Bank integrated and regulatory releases with precision.
Required Job Skills
• WebSphere/jBoss/IBMHttpServer/Apache Middleware administration.
• Java/Container framework knowledge
• Knowledge of shell, jython and perlscripting.
• Information Technology professional with 5-7 years’ experience
Desired Job Skills
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Information Technology professional with 7-10 years’ experience
• WXS/WBE/BRMS Middleware administration.
• DEVOPS and/or Ansible toolset experience a plus but not mandatory. Automation frameworks (mDeliver/Bladelogic) also a plus.