Website Support Analyst
We are looking for Website Support Analyst for our client in Milwaukee, WI
Job Title: Website Support Analyst
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Responsible for the support, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, coordination, and performance optimization of applications and systems.
- Take ownership of technical issues raised through troubleshooting, resolution, and verification.
- Take ownership of all changes affecting production. Coordinate, communicate, and escalate issues to involve and inform all necessary resources.
- Help to remove impediments from dev team to keep sprints on track.
- Support development teams by setting up and maintaining all environments and automation to support the testing and deployment of releases.
- Responsible for all public-facing technology from the server through the application all the way to and on the end users' device.
- Monitor and ensure proper performance of applications.
- Troubleshoot and replicate production issues to fix or assign to developers to address.
- Bridge any gaps between product owners in DigitalTechnology & PubTech (or other stakeholders) and development teams and/or 3rd party vendors.
- Utilize tools like Chrome Developer Tools for analyzing performance and debugging front-end web applications.
- Be resourceful in problem-solving complex issues related to performance, authentication, connectivity, compatibility, etc.
- Take ownership of all changes affecting production.
- Partner with QA to perform, stress, performance, and integration testing.
- Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers.
- Provide on-callsupport. Acknowledge within 15 minutes and address quickly to minimize any downtime for all Priority 1 alerts 24/7/365.
- When implementing new solutions review design/details/approach/tools with Ryan and team prior to implementing.
- Strive to be experts with all technologies we work with like CloudFlare CDN, SSL, load balancers, Rigor, Pingdom, OpsGenie, JIRA, AWS, Azure, 45air, etc.
- Take lead on performing Root Cause Analysis for production issues.
- Try to look for patterns and stop recurring issues by looking to automatically resolve or eliminate/retire process/system (the source of the problem).
- Work together as a team to distribute the work to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Sense of urgency – able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Multi-tasking – able to work on multiple issues, tickets, and analysis throughout the day
- Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level - having the confidence and resilience to take risks - be self-empowered
- Communication: understand and express ideas / solutions in a comprehensive and practical format - knowledge-sharing
- Proactive – anticipate needs and possible issues to plan, prepare, and communicate accordingly
- User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience
- Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies / business / geographies)
- Experience working in teams employing Agile and/or Lean methodologies with the ability to prioritize across multiple tasks/stories/sprints
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a computer or technology –related major.
- 3-5 plus years’ experience