We are recruiting a Video Systems Engineer to take over architecture and implementation of our video infrastructure, to solve problems like:
- Increasing the number of people we can support in a single video session (currently 200).
- Lowering the connection latency for calls.
- Extending and improving our automatic switching between peer-to-peer and SFU connection modes.
- Implementing SIP trunking for telephone dial-in to video calls.
- Detecting and recovering from a wider variety of failure modes and network issues.
- Building out automated test suites for infrastructure performance and bandwidth management.
- Improving our auto-scaling and overall cluster performance.
Who you are
- You have several years of experience building complex back-end systems that move a lot of data around. We'd prefer minimum 5+ and are in conversation with candidates with 10+ years experience, to be transparent.
- You like working on interesting problems both at the infrastructure level and the application level.
- You want to work as a key member of a small engineering team.
- You're comfortable working remotely as part of a distributed team.