Outback Steakhouse is seeking a Webmaster with the proven ability to oversee, optimize and enhance high traffic consumer websites. As the owner of our digital marketing content, you’ll play a key role at the intersection of our customers and internal teams to ensure our websites are operating with excellence and provide a world-class customer experience every day.
Additionally, you’ll seek out opportunities and develop solutions to enhance our digital presence and drive sales by leveraging a combination of web analytics and web content. In addition, you’ll play a critical role in the execution of brand emails including development, setup, testing and deployment. You will occasionally assist with creating social media content that supports the brand marketing strategy.
The Digital Platforms team is driven by our collective belief in the ability of Outback to enhance the connections we have with consumers through thoughtful digital experiences. The candidate must have an intense curiosity and passion for understanding the customer mindset and keeping up with industry developments in digital marketing and e-commerce and be able to apply those insights to continually improve the customer experience.
- Use website content management system to make campaign-specific and general content updates including menus, restaurant hours, specials, and other marketing collateral in partnership with IT development team and brand marketing team.
- Manage brand website content within CMS including optimizing for adaptive/responsive design and continually working towards improving the website customer experience
- Monitor website performance and leverage analytics to optimize website traffic to drive increased sales, online reservations, online ordering, location search, loyalty program engagement, and more
- Continually drive toward a best-in-class website experience and work closely with IT to ensure brand websites are functioning properly across multiple devices daily
- Implements, monitors and updates Google Analytics tracking tags on site for campaign performance tracking in partnership with Media team, third party vendors and Digital Analytics Lead
- Use design PSDs to slice images, create HTML & CSS code, setup, test and deploy email marketing campaigns in Cheetah Digital Marketing Suite in partnership with the brand marketing team
- Provide assets and resize menu photography for online ordering platforms (owned and third party)
- Schedule and deploy SMS campaigns
- Manage content on local Yext pages
- Demonstrate obsessive attention to detail, accuracy, and quality of email & web content deployments to represent the brands well to an audience of millions
- Create audience segments and dynamic content for use in email campaigns
- Utilize Asana to track incoming work, proactively manage projects to completion and help other team members
- Proactively identify and suggest areas of opportunity
Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5 - 8 years of web design, development or website management experience, required
- Mastered skills in current design practices and software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Acrobat Pro), required
- Knowledge of integrating/coding/designing/utilizing a website content management system (CMS) – i.e. Sitefinity or Sitecore, required
- Advanced knowledge of current web standards and cross-browser solutions, including responsive design, preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML email best practices, required
- Developing and scheduling emails with a 3rd party email software, preferred
- MS Excel experience compiling and preparing data for import to different platforms, preferred
- Testing for cross-browser compatibility issues on email and web to ensure development of assets with high quality rendering, preferred
- Experience with customer segmentation for email marketing campaigns, preferred
- Experience with copy writing for digital marketing channels, preferred
- Ability to adapt graciously to changing business conditions and priorities
- Excellent communication with other team members & key marketing stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems quickly under a tremendous amount of pressure
- Highly effective at prioritization and project management given high demand and rapidly changing business needs
- Avid learner of new technologies, user behaviors and best practices to remain relevant and effective in digital