The Technology Business Analyst acts as a liaison between the technical team (Web development) and the functional team (benefits administration) to meet required client deliverables.
May perform one or more of the following:
- Analyzes business processes and performs needs assessments to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Interprets business needs and translates them into system requirements.
- Writes business specifications and forwards to technical staff for system development.
- Interprets systems specifications to develop, maintain and support automated business processes.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configures system settings and options, plans and executes acceptance testing, and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- All other duties as assigned. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.