Web Technologies Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Lead Web Developer (AEM) is responsible for maintaining and developing the TiVo website using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) products. The Lead Developer is responsible for providing expert skills in the implementation of the Adobe AEM content management solution as well as integrating complementary Adobe enterprise solutions. This role is part of the TiVo Marketing organization, so the candidate will also be the resident technical expert supporting the Marketing team with recommendations around tools and processes.
The candidate should have proven experience delivering complex solutions to customers and be able to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team. In addition, the candidate should be capable of providing leadership within a team as required by the project.
- Manage the ongoing web production lifecycle and development process
- Work cross-functionally to translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Leverage industry trends, technology and leading practices to challenge the status quo in support of long-term developments
- Develop and manage production projects to completion
- Lead and facilitate status meetings and presentations
- Plan, manage and allocate contract resources for digital product production projects
- Communicate and control scope, schedules, assignments, and open issues with internal and external teams
- Help troubleshoot complex technical problems involving multiple environment and application integration
- Document and monitor technical issues and recommends enhancements in support of best-in-class online experience
- Act as the project expert retaining and communicating all project history
- Manage, evaluate and respond to change requests and bug backlogs.
- Ongoing site maintenance, content updates, enhancements, design, bug fixes, new and feature releases
- Participate in application deployment and maintenance releases off hours and weekends.
- Lead and maintain the AEM platform and coordinate with the operations team and ensure that platform is up to date .
- Lead and manage direct reports and external vendors and ensure project goal is delivered.
Experience & Skills
- Experience in leading a team and coordinating with multiple departments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, electrical engineering, or related field and 7 - 10 years’ experience
- Java Development experience in a team environment
- Experience with the AEM platform is required version 6+
- Experience with building templates and components
- Experience with MSM and international sites
- Experience with new features of AEM and the touch UI
- Knowledge in integrating and using Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of Sling and OSGi frameworks
- Experience with e-Commerce platforms is preferred
- Experience with leading a SCRUM team and delivering work scope in an agile environment
- Experience in development of Java Server Pages and related technologies
- Experience and understanding CDN’s is preferred
- Experience in design and set up of Production Server architecture and its migration into large scale farms in client environments
- Experience in coordinating deployments to production and other lower environments?
- Knowledge IDE’s, distributed source control management via GIT and continuous integration development.
- Experience in these areas a plus: Knowledge of web content management systems e.g., Vignette, Interwoven TeamSite, Drupal, Tridion, IBM WCM, etc.; Application Frameworks i.e. Spring, OSGI, Sling; Agile framework with SCRUM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as customer relationship-building skills
- Adapt to and work effectively in challenging situations
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming Methodology & Practice, ideally with designing and programming of applications using Object Oriented Programming Methodology utilizing Java language constructs
- Ideal candidate will be flexible and have the ability to think/act strategically as well as roll up his/her sleeves and work as an individual contributor to solve problems and meet goals