The Developer role in Identity Management Engineering drives the best practices from basic to complex code writing as well as other front end development activities supporting the Identity and Access Management Services (IAMS). This role utilizes appropriate programming language such as C Sharp (C#), Hyper-Text Markup Language (HTML), Java script or Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to develop applications that will help integrate processes within Information Security (IS) and customer across other functional areas within EY. The role is for an experienced Web front-end, SQL backend developer that also has C#, dotNet framework and PowerShell experience. Experience with Microsoft’s Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) Sync Engine management agents and developing C# synchronization rule applications is a plus.
The role is an individual contributor, though may be asked to manage project aligned teams in their collaborative efforts and to coach less seasoned members of the Identity Management Engineering team in complex directives.
The role is guided by the Group Lead for Identity Management Engineering in IAMS.
- Drives best practices in code design and development as well as project management of complex web aligned build activities for a specific new or modifications to existing features and functions to maintain security of data, manage the change control processes and support operational readiness of IAM services.
- Partners and collaborates within IAMS, and IAM and others in Information Security (IS) as application owners as well as external vendors such as Microsoft, as needed to understand, agree and plan the specific code modifications and enhancements necessary achieve the agreed development objectives.
- Works within both Microsoft and Oracle stacks and server environments to drive development across heterogeneous and in-house developed computing environments so that they collectively complete complex tasks within IAM aligned service applications.
- Work and provide expertise in developing applications in N Tier, MVC and SOA Architectures using .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 and VS2008/2010/2012/2013/2015.
- Develops through Microsoft’s Internet Information Server (IIS), the appropriate web based code for administering Web sites access and search support within databases that operate within Windows servers to enhance web page serving, search capabilities and other attributes necessary for operational readiness and service continuity.
- Creates or collaborate in the creation of visual mockups, prototypes and diagrams as well as performs or directs testing for compatibility in order to achieve an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies in IAM.
- Communicates all the ongoing activities and results to business sponsors, stakeholders as well as management as part of knowledge sharing and reporting.
- Maintains a proactive approach to learning about IAM align components within the Information Security (IS) infrastructure such as MS SQL, T-SQL, Store Procedures, the Active Directory technical environment Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- The role requires strong analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of assigned web development activities across geographic regions, IT server environments or operating systems and to solution within same as well as to guide and plan appropriate web development solutions.
- The role also requires consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and recommend and design viable web development solutions that are both cost effective and supporting the value to the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
- Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage with others including senior executives of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence. Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport, stay calm under pressure and escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
- Manifests a strong analytical and problem solving ability to escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting IAM or Information Security (IS) aligned development issues, handle multiple and shifting IAM web development priorities across a broad spectrum of operating or server environments and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
- Develops an in depth and continuous understanding of EY’s business and the way IAMS teams adds to the effectiveness of the EY business.
- Maintains advanced and continuous knowledge of the remediation and implementation technologies including but not limited to Microsoft C#, DotNET framework, Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012 or later for relational database management, Azure Active Directory and/or LDAP experience, Microsoft Exchange 2010 or Later, Web services, Web Application Programming Interface (API) development, IIS, ASP .NET, C#.NET, XPath, HTML, SQL Query Language and PowerShell.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft/Forefront Identity Manager (MIM/FIM) and Active Directory architecture, AD LDS Lightweight Directory Services.
- The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues and could be asked to travel to support planned project activities and collaboration.
- The role may require a flexible work schedule to meet project deliverables over periods such as evenings, weekends, and public holidays. Participation in an on-callschedule is also a necessary part of the engineering role.
- College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experiences
More than 7 years of experience in a web developer role. Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex job responsibilities during the period inclusive of project management skills, web development and application remediation techniques as well as project planning and implementation. Specific experience includes but not limited to:
- Approximately 5-7 years of writing complex stored procedures in Microsoft versions 2005, 2008 or later
- Thorough understanding of Secure Code compliance
- • Experience in using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process improvement frameworks
- ITIL Foundations (V2 or V3).