The Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) Embedded Engineering team is responsible for creating technical solutions to support and maximize traction with Google's GMS advertisers. The team leads the design, development and maintenance of key tooling and automation that support rapid business growth, in collaboration with cross-functional teams across Business, Marketing, Product and Engineering. As a Web Solutions Engineer, you will design and implement systems and products that maximize the program's impact and optimize the operations. These systems will use advanced data analysis methods and business logic to identify business growth opportunities, improve our interactions with AdWords advertisers and optimize internal workflows and processes. You’ll develop/scale systems and products by leveraging Google’s advanced technical infrastructure. You’ll work with cross-functional teams to capture opportunities for growth and optimization, write product designs and then lead the development and implementation of these products.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to understand tools requirements in depth.
- Oversee and drive complex technical projects from the planning stage to execution.
- Design and implement solutions to large business problems; such as internal tools, backend services, and web applications.
- Aggregate data from multiple data sources to enable business insight discovery.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience using SQL for data extraction and ETL across standard commercial databases.
- Experience providing technical solutions to business issues.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Google's production infrastructure.
- 1 year of experience in web UI development.
- Experience with creating system/product designs and leading them to launch.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.