The Web Solutions Developer (Integration) is responsible for assisting with the architecture, development, testing and validation of new and existing platform services and applications.
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Uses and assists with enhancing development best practices, design patterns, automated testing, security, scaling and operations.
- Develops scalable, secure solutions using a mixture of compiled languages and scripting languages making use of many frameworks.
- Partners with external providers and leadership to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new applications, infrastructure, and other services with existing IT systems, both on premise and cloud. Makes recommendations for improvement. Escalates issues to leadership.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Assists with performing all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including design, coding, code review, testing, bug tracking, change management, deployment, and support.
- Assists project planning, scoping and estimating. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in a computer-related field; or3 years to 5 years of experience in development and/or design of computer applications including RESTful web services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Application Performance Monitoring solutions as well as general system monitoring, alerting and incident management procedures preferred. Must have strong technical and problem resolution skills.
- Must have technical proficiency in Core CS principles, understanding of design patterns, and exposure to developing RESTful web services and standalone Java applications.
- Experience and exposure to MySQL. Ability to construct schemas, advise on indexing, write optimal, efficient queries, and be able to monitor issues around performance and make recommendations.
- Must possess strong administrative and time/project management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and persuasively.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and be proactive when working on tasks.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.