You might never have thought of working at AWS – but this is a unique role and rare opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing startups of all time (AWS…believe it or not) while being squarely plugged into the very center of the startup ecosystem. We’re hiring for roles across the US and globally. And we’re seeking team members who have founded companies, ideally gone through an accelerator program, and who want to help grow and develop the next generation of great entrepreneurs.
If this role sounds interesting, read on:
Candidates must have a background as a startup founder or investor, where they’ve built a business, likely raised capital and seen the entire arc of business building from two friends and a powerpoint to product in market, real customers and a growing team.
Candidates will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with managers of leading Accelerators and Incubators, as well as technical exposure that enables them to easily interact with startup founders, software developers and architects.
Top candidates also will have worked in a more structured and rigorous environment (like Amazon); where they have demonstrated the ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, conveying compelling value propositions and working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
A keen sense of ownership, drive and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate AWS’s global organization to achieve results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Identify key Accelerators and Incubators who target companies that have infrastructure needs matching AWS’s offerings, and drive engagement with those Accelerators and Incubators.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
· Work closely with the Accelerators and Incubators and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using the AWS platform and services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Implement and manage reporting systems to track the effectiveness of the efforts to target the companies in Accelerator and Incubator programs.
· Prepare reports and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding the effectiveness of these efforts and roadblocks to establishing new Accelerator and Incubator engagements.
· Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the Accelerator / Incubator and startup community on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
· Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
· Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
· Some travel is required.
· Deep experience and knowledge within the startup ecosystem as a founder and/or investor.
· Technical and analytical, possessing 10+ years of business development, technical sales, or program/product management experience.
· Some relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services
· Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Degree required
· Experience with account management, relationship management and solution selling
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· MBA or equivalent executive level experience
Job ID: 608380