- 10 or more years’ experience with 3+ relevant work experience in Product Management, focusing on web/app-based products or services.
- Experience with successfully delivering critical projects using agile development frameworks.
- Experience with UX design and capable of concept development in partnership with design teams strongly preferred.
- Able to effectively build and collaborate with front-end development teams; demonstrates expertise in all key functional product areas, including user experience and design, web and native app technologies and architectures, and data analytics.
- Knowledgeable in modern web architectures and development, responsive web design, native mobile development, performance optimization, and analytics.
- Strong strategic, analytical, project management, and both written and oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to review metrics on an on-going basis, analyze, draw conclusions, and recommend immediate action
- Solid understanding of analytics, including segmentation and applicable metrics for all tactics and channels
- Passion for user-centric marketing and strong interest in leveraging data to achieve business outcomes; ability to shape stories with data.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment to strategically prioritize and manage projects, as well as fully leverage resources to maximize return on investment.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with the ability to build trust and motivate staff and volunteers to perform at their best to achieve strategic business outputs
- Ability to think through problems, make inclusive decisions, and lead others through complex situations
Estimated compensation range for this role is $95,000 - $120,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The Digital Product Manager for our website and mobile app experiences will be a critical member of the Society’s marketing team, helping constituents, donors, fundraisers, and the general public fulfill the Society’s mission which is to create a world free of MS.
In this role, you will be responsible for and work in a collaborative fashion with core Society stakeholders to set the future website and app vision and then translate it into a product roadmap that empowers a cross-functional team to deliver meaningful improvements that help our constituents accomplish their key tasks – whether it be accessing information, connecting with resources and other community members, fundraising, donating, etc. – across several digital properties.
As a key member of the marketing team, you will design and implement integrated digital approaches and constituent-centric thinking across website and app touchpoints. You will lead a team and drive the new vision and re-design of the Society’s primary web platform as well as lead the simplification and integration of the Society’s various apps.
We seek someone with a proven record of success within the digital sphere. This position will report to the VP, Content Strategy and Web Experience. In this role, you will have significant exposure to senior leadership within the organization and across the organization.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership traits that include, but are not limited to design thinking, curiosity, creativity, technically proficient, highly analytical, strong communicator, organized, and with exceptional aptitude in digital acquisition marketing and website/app management. In this role, you will be identifying, testing, and scaling new opportunities as well as optimizing current channels to drive constituent engagement with the Society brand.
1. Leads the Society’s Website/App Vision, Strategy and Product Roadmap (40%)
- Articulates and translates the Society’s website vision into high-quality experiences that optimize the user journey for the Society’s main user personas, from UX designs to requirements, business rules and processes
- Develops and manages the product roadmap, demonstrating expertise at the product level, building partnerships with relevant stakeholder teams, and making trade-off decisions for the product
- Leads and partners with UX designers, content authors, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to conduct constituent research to inform current and new product roadmaps supporting products and audiences which include, but are not limited to digital fundraising, peer-to-peer events, research, advocacy, and volunteer engagement.
- Defines key performance indicators (KPIs) that show how effectively our experiences are fulfilling user and Society goals.
- Ensures that digital product features are accurately represented and delivered using Agile methodologies, recognizing opportunities for alignment, synergy, and iteration.
- Responsible for user acceptance testing and conversion-rate optimization
- Supports refinement of constituent personas to guide and support decisions on website and app product features, enhancements, design, and user experience.
- Understands how to apply new and emerging digital technologies and features pragmatically, introducing new and relevant ideas and capabilities on a regular basis.
- Works closely with stakeholders, prioritizes the team backlog and works with the Director of Web Production to elaborate user stories and manage effective delivery of those priorities.
2. Leads Website and App Product Development, Design, and Implementation:
- Identifies and defines gaps and constituent needs by creating vision, strategy and documenting requirements for the Society’s website and app products; utilizes available studies (market research, internal) and competitive analysis to identify constituent needs and uncover additional value.
- Leads the product planning process by articulating the goals and KPIs for key features, working closely with UX to lead the design of the user experience; writes requirements (user stories with acceptance criteria) and plans releases; and prioritization, implementation, and iteration plans.
- Leads the development process, reviewing demos with the technology team and validating acceptance criteria for the product, tracks development work while identifying and prioritizing bugs.
- Leads product launch by working with relevant stakeholders to develop launch and go-to-market plans for a product, identifying issues and blockers that may delay the launch or impede the success of a product, and presenting alternatives to leadership
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish and deliver the minimum viable product (MVP) for launch as well as key iterations beyond that to further the product roadmap (e.g., increase conversion, engagement, and adoption).
- Tracks and reports on product metrics, utilizing feedback to drive associated actions and product iteration; contributes to post-launch reviews and drives incorporation of feedback in future product releases
- Represents team in product-level discussions with internal and external stakeholders; uses data analysis to address complex and ambiguous problems that may involve multiple stakeholder teams
- Works with relevant internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize product-level constituent issues and experience gaps; uses findings to determine short and medium-term risk and opportunities for the product and drive further constituent adoption
- Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met; identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results
- Attends all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary; provides input into business cases when new products/features are being developed
- Aligns efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary, and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum.
- Builds and leverages solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful product implementation
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS