Do you love the restaurant and technology industries? Are you looking for an opportunity to hone your technical problem solving and web development skills? If working on a lean, collaborative team which has a wide range of responsibilities and constantly tackles new and exciting problems for the company interests you, then we might have the perfect opportunity.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 8,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As a Web Integration Specialist on the Restaurant Success Team, you will be integrating ChowNow’s online ordering product with newly signed restaurant client websites, as well as updating integrations on existing client sites, with the goal of ensuring that end users have a consistent, high quality experience. You will interface closely with a variety of teams in the Restaurant Success department in order to effectively make the onboarding and integration process as smooth as possible for our clients. You will be an integral part of our mobile application building process through our in-house AppBuilder software, ensuring that each client gets a personalized, high quality app delivered onto the app store. You will also assist the rest of the Web Team in maintaining and improving on the various internal tools, including our support site, our web crawling technology, and our e-commerce site.
This position is located in our Los Angeles Headquarters.Reports to Director of Client Operations. No DirectReports.
With 30 days You’ll:
- Complete your ChowNow new hire onboarding (Ramp Camp) and learn the ins and outs of ChowNow, our products, and our services
- Shadow each department for an in depth look into how each team plays their part
- Complete an extensive and in depth Web Integration Specialist training lead by your manager, various departments, and members of the Web Team
- Complete 5-10 website integrations per day
- Build 10-15mobile apps per day
Within 60 days You’ll:
- Integrate on all incoming websites on a daily basis
- Resolve 5 client cases per day
- Add 5-10 mobile app download banners to existing client sites
- Add to and update integration and client issue documentation
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Take on development responsibilities to improve existing ChowNow tools and sites
- Republish mobile applications with edit requests
- Perform QA on mobile applications and release them on app store
- Resolve all incoming client cases on a daily basis
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 1year of web development experience
- You have experience creating and editing websites
- You have experience with popular CMS solutions (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- You have experience with popular website building software (e.g. SquareSpace, Wix, Weebly, etc.)
- You are comfortable using browser developer tools for debugging
- You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it with minimal guidance and supervision
- You are extremely detail oriented, open to feedback, and have prior experience working in a fast-paced team environment
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You possess excellent computer skills and proficiency with Google Docs, Gmail, Salesforce, and working with different browsers
- You are able to hold yourself accountable to your personal goals, while maintaining a work hard, professional, and positive outlook
- You can provide previous examples of your work