Web Initiatives Manager
This position within the association’s Information Technology Department is responsible for the monitoring, analysis, and development of current and new digital properties and services for the organization.
The Web Initiatives Manager will maintain continuity of digital branding and themes; streamline navigation and increase online presence to appeal to current and potential members. Web Initiatives Manager reports to Director of Information Technology.
This position requires knowledge of:
- Search engine analytics to enhance website traffic;
- UI/UX trends and accessibility standards to ensure the site meets the needs of owners and visitors;
- Needs & Requirements analysis:
- Project management;
- Technical skills to understand underlying technology, development process, and change management control which drives website and applications;
- Process and team management.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Web, business line, and cross functional team liaison to advance AAJ's online presence and lead organization’s web initiatives.
- Manage staff, projects, and products.
- Establish project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals.
- Develop Web/digital solutions by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Implement solutions by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
- Assure quality Web/digital solutions by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation.
- Accomplish work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees; following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements.
- Meet cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Provide project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Work closely with the stakeholders to help strategize, design, and support the creation of innovative experiences across all our digital platforms.
- Collaborate with other members of management, systems analysts, and developers across IT and entire organization.
- Update job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the navigation and performance of the association’s website.
- Monitor website usage including load and usability issues; test different browsers to ensure people with different computers can access the website.
- Analyze site traffic and generate reports for management.
- Generate and revise web pages.
- Meet with departments and designers about design and navigation issues.
- Enforce site standards (layouts, security processes, etc.) to ensure that policies, branding, and processes are maintained.
- Manage and respond to heavy volume of email.
- Thorough understanding Google Analytics and analytic reporting tools;
- Strong project management skills;
- Understanding of the Drupal framework, core modules, themes, and third-party extensions as well as other web technologies;
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization;
- Understanding of responsive design and e-commercetechnologies;
- Understanding about fundamentals of scaling web-based applications;
- Experience with object-oriented design and development principles;
- Proven experienceworking with multiple stakeholders to deliver a project from requirements to implementation;
- Must have excellent communication skills, work well in a team environment, enjoy solving complex problems, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university, highly desired in related subjects;
- Six or more years of relevant work experience;
- Willingness to evaluate, research, test and learn new technologies.
Salary is commensurate with relevant experience.