Microsoft .NET is a software development component which provides tools and libraries to assist software developers to create Windows and web based applications easier, faster and more robust. Often referred to as .NET framework, this tool is used primarily for web applications. A .NET developer is a software programmer who has specific skills using .NET and related programming tools to develop websites, software and computer applications.
The .NET Web Developer will have strong understanding of web design technologies including experience developing internal and external websites and web applications in ASP.NET, C# and SQL. Experience with Kentico CMS websites a plus. Lead the architecture and development efforts for innovative solutions that meet the organizations’ needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, system architecture, and adherence to development goals and principles.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline. 3-5 years of experience as a .NET Developer. Expertise in C#, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server Development, Web Design, HTML, CSS, PHP. Experience designing database architecture and development on SQL Server for .NET applications. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable in an agile development and sales driven environment.
- Experience designing database architectures and development on SQL Server for .NET applications
- Experience in creating data driven web user interfaces
- Experience in creating layouts using Cascading Style Sheets
- Experience with setup and deployment of a website
- Understand the concepts behind Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content management, customer relation management, and enterprise resource planning
- System integration experience
- Identify, document and communicate leading practices for Kentico configuration and development
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of data management, including data capture, warehousing, segmentation, mining, storing, cleansing, and security.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including project management skills and exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability and willingness to keep complete documentation for the projects involved, excellent communication skills and ability to translate data into business needs are also a part of this position.
- Work Independently
- Effectively Train Others
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the development technology expert and technical resource to other staff in the marketing team
- Lead technical design, development and code reviews
- Must be “hands on” to resolve issues as they surface as well as handle new development as/when needed
- Work with various departments and executives in a business analyst capacity to understand and document business requirements which in turn will drive the design of quality, programmatically-developed technical solutions.
- Develop applications and web based solutions through all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including solution design, development, implementation, and production support
- Participates in the requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, code, test and maintenance phases of software product development in a leadership capacity
- Participates in estimation and project planning activities related to development projects
- Maintain project deadlines as required
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, and take on new projects with agility.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for Kentico software administration and appropriate use.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Scheduled Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: Day. Selected positions may be required to work alternate shifts.
Overtime: As required
- Scanner/Copier - Frequently
- Computer - Frequently
- Typewriter - Never
- Fax Machine - Occasionally
- Calculator - Occasionally
- Telephone - Frequently
- Pen/Pencil - Occasionally
- Motor vehicle - TBD
- Sustained posture/sitting - Frequently
- Sustained attentiveness - Frequently
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Lifting - Occasionally
- Squatting - Rarely
- Bending - Rarely
- Reaching - Occasionally
- Twisting - Occasionally
- Crawling - Rarely
- Kneeling - Rarely
- Climbing - Rarely
- Driving - TBD
- Up to 10 lbs. - Occasionally
- Up to 20 lbs. - Rarely
Lifting/carrying requirements include lifting and carrying files, training materials, boxes, reams of paper, boxes of paper, supplies, telephone, calculators, etc. Generally, carrying consists of carrying the foregoing throughout the suite of offices. Generally, lifting consists of lifting the foregoing waist high, and occasionally over the head.