$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed, massively scaled, highly performant and leveraged applications capable of serving billions of page views to over 300 million LinkedIn members while earning hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
As a part of our world-class engineering infrastructure team, you will be charged with leading the engineering side of LinkedIn's Design System and web component library, that creates leverage and guidance for frontend engineers to create a consistent look and feel for all products and infrastructure at LinkedIn, as well as be an example of best UI practices through code, documentation, and mentorship. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many UI and user experience disciplines including product design, usability, accessibility, building APIs, composable UI components, releasing and iterating on internal libraries, and supporting UI and style infrastructure. This position is full-time and based in our Bay Area offices.
● Manage the performance and career development of a small team of engineers, and own significant parts of LinkedIn products that require design, architecture, and coding.
● Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology road map.
● Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship.
● You will collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new patterns, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
● Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
● Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, review code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
● Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
● Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline, or related practical experience.
● 4+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
● 2+ years of leading small teams of engineers and project management skills.
● Experience with Design Systems and UI component libraries a huge plus!
● 2+ years experience interviewing, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
● Knowledge of web accessibility, native DOM and Event APIs.
● Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies.
● Experience building front-end code with server-side technology.
● Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end web architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability.
● Familiarity and comfort with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
● Experience with open source and/or releasing libraries or frameworks iteratively, that adhere to SemVer.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13