At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. Our web experience reflects this same passion. It’s a place to learn about our products and interact with the Sonos community. A place you want to keep coming back to; a place where you belong.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos web experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. You’ll be helping build the tools we use to keep our customers happy.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to help design and build a globally scaled web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful on the desktop, on mobile phones, on tablets, on everything. You'll work across team and discipline boundaries. You’ll be free to do what you do best.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll Do
- You know responsive and adaptive design, and you can turn that knowledge into fluid experiences.
- You write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
- You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
- You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
Come to a place where your passion for the web, for building beautiful experiences and your passion for music can all be satisfied!
Skills You’ll Need
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years working with and loving HTML and CSS.
- Design experience. Make it work; make it beautiful.
- SEO experience. Make it all easy to find.
- You know how source control works and you can’t live without it, you are test-first, and you know that going fast means getting things right at the start.