HOW THIS ROLE WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its web team and we are looking forstrong, experienced team members who can drive usforward. Creates web solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications using the latest technologies in support of business and IT needs. Be prepared to work in a high-impact, dynamic environment with changing priorities, development methodologies, and technical solutions.
YOUR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work with product team to turn high fidelity design into an interactive web experience
- Work with product and UX teams to review designs and concepts and offer suggestions to decrease complexity while maintaining thespirit of the experience
- Proactively make recommendations for technical enhancements for better performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Accountable for delivering in an agile environment
- Creates/oversees completion of technical development on web solutions
- Works with cross functional IT and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements
- Identify areas of improvement in design, implementation, process, tooling, automated testing, SQA
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Remain current on latest web technologies seeking to integrate them in solutions where appropriate
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase / open source alternatives
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on experience with web development
- Full stack web design and architectural skills
- Experience with various JS libraries and frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with MVC and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience implementing responsive design and adaptive design
- Demonstrated strong front-end development skills especially concerning accessibility, extensibility, client-side computing, object-oriented design patterns, and object-oriented CSS
- Experience with SASS/Less/PostCSS Frameworks
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability
- Familiar with and experienced in making use of open source components.
- Ability to address short term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer range strategic direction
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM:
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all—for the love of pets.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities