onX is seeking an experienced Senior Web Engineer with a passion for innovation and being on the leading edge of Front-End development. As an onX Web Engineer, you will implement the latest mapping and web technologies to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic startup focused on making an impact on the business, and the mobile mapping industry as a whole.
LOCATION: Bozeman, MT, Missoula, MT, or Remote. Additionally, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas (of any kind ) for this position at this time.
TECHNOLOGIES YOU’LL USE
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERS
- We enhance outdoor experiences with mobile mapping and GPS technology
- We want to dominate the mobile GPS space
- We enjoy working with happy, talented engineers
- We move fast and we ship code
- We believe in building robust, scalable and extensible systems
(Essential Job Duties)
- Develop new user-facing features
- Using ES6 syntax and best practices, build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Connect to backend services via REST and GraphQL
- Optimize processes for maximum speed and scalability
- Write unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Assist in the creation, deployment, and management of services
- Collaborate in architectural decisions involving our services
- Five (5) or more years of software development experience; 2+ must be in web client development
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure
- Web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience
- You believe that your profession is a craft and you’re driven to improve every day.
- You have a strong computer science foundation.
- You know data structures and you know how to apply them.
- You write quality and maintainable code.
- You want to work with other happy, talented engineers.
- You’re fun to work with.
- You get stuff done.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or Google Cloud
- Experience using GIT (code repository)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with MapBox tools and libraries.