Huge is looking for a hands-on front-end web engineer to join our growing DC tech team. Our web engineers are responsible for building, reviewing, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting front-end code and work closely alongside back-end engineers and DevOps to produce world-class user experiences.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Love logic puzzles and problem-solving while crafting clean, compliant code.
- Have a strong appreciation for design and user experience and love working alongside other disciplines.
- Constantly seek out new technologies and best practices -- and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- Enjoy working on a cross-functional team, collaborating with technologists, creatives, project managers, and strategists.
We'd like to see:
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors (SCSS / LESS).
- Functional knowledge of front-end build pipelines and tools (NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, etc).
- Familiarity of responsive and adaptive design principles (with considerations for cross-browser compatibility).
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into pixel-perfect, semantic front-end code.
- Adherence to web standards and best practices for code performance, optimization, and accessibility.
- Experience with source / version control software (Git, SVN).
- Proven ability to take leadership on front-end development tasks and provide technical recommendations to clients.