The Web Editor edits, proofreads and verifies content for Client websites and otherdigitalchannels to validate its style, functionality and accuracy.
He/she will be involved in content creation and management. This includes:
- Writing and editing copy
- Creating, editing and publishing pages within the web content management system
- Auditing and maintaining the accuracy and style of existing content
The Web Editor should be comfortable writing and editing content in a plain and simple style that communicates complex business plans and strategies. In addition, he/she should be comfortable following Associated Press style as well as our corporate style.
This position requires someone to be adept at both new technology and editorial work. The Web Editor will report to the Content Strategy Team Leader and should be comfortable working under minimum supervision.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Writes and edits content for Client websites, ensuring content is organized in a clear, simple and usable manner.
- Produces web content, which includes proofreading, writing captions and working within the company’s content management system.
- Gathers requirements from internal clients.
- Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
- Makes corrections to content before it is posted to the site.
- Participates in quality assurance testing to verify that web content functions properly.
- Prepares content for the web following best practices for search engine optimization, including proper use of keywords and preparation of relevant meta content such as description, title and alt tags.
- Reads and understands basic HTML coding.
- Collaborates with teams across the organization, including communications, marketing, graphics, sales, product and IT to produce and deliver content.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
One year of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.
- Experience in editing, online publishing, website management or social media
- Collaborative, positive attitude with a strong team ethic
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize time effectively
- Experience using web content management systems such as Adobe CQ
- Strong understanding of digital content best practices
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
Create and modifies content for the client website.
Analyzes, designs, tests and implements website content.
Ensures that content complies with organizational standards and support business objectives.
Reviews all web content for grammatical spelling and typographic errors with accuracy and speed.
Ensures corrections are made prior to posting content on sites.
Participates in quality assurance testing and monitors automated tools to maintain and improve quality standards
Aids in interactive email marketing by implementing consistent design and effective layouts.
Writes and develops content for various online advertising medium
Assists in website design page layout, enhancements, photo retouching, content creation and ongoing content management under the direction of the senior web designer or information architect
Assist with website consulting initiatives to develop efficient website content
Works in collaboration with various team across the organization including, marketing, graphics, sales, product and IT to produce content
Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new and emerging web technologies
Serves as primary moderator to user generated content in blogs and forums. Contributes to social mediamarketing efforts as appropriate
Perform other related duties as assigned.