ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily support and maintenance of web environment, including all web applications
- Code, test and implement processes for the web.
- Follow organizational standards for web layout and design.
- Monitor the on-going operation of web applications and assist with identifying and implementing changes to improve operational effectiveness of all web applications.
- Participate in web architectural and design activities.
- Cross-train otherdevelopers in the use of web development tools. Assist with application of best practices.
- Assist in a customer support role to address customer questions or problems with web applications.
- Estimate time required to implement changes or new functionality.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor?s degree in Information Systems or equivalent field, or non-related Bachelor?s degree, with minimum of two years?experience, or
- Associate?s degree in Information Systems or equivalent field with a minimum of five years development experience, or
- High School diploma with eight years of development experience.
PREFERRED INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
- Experience within the Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance or related industry is strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to deal positively with the changing dynamics of a growing organization.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Works efficiently to consistently deliver quality work on time with minimal supervision and limited direction, whether working alone or in a small team.
- Comfortable speaking with the business, product owners, as well as technical team members.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Passionate and proven aptitude for continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge of principles needed to construct fault-tolerant, reliable, and durable software systems.
- Internal capacity to evaluate tradeoffs between correctness, robustness, performance, and external constraints.
- Able to execute all phases of the traditional system development life cycle as needed on small projects.
- Minimum two years?experience front-end web development, including responsive design and cross-browser compliant design.
- Comfortable working with SQL Server, including writing SQL queries, stored procedures, tables, views, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio 2012+, C#, ASP.NET MVC 4+, IIS 7.5+, Web API, TFS.
- Strong understanding of web technologies including jQuery, AJAX, AngularJS 1.5+, HTML, CSS 3, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following design and development methodologies: Dependency Injection, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, N-tier Architecture, Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with back-end development (C# web services, web apps, etc.) is preferred.
- Understanding of additional common web frameworks, such as Backbone.js is highly preferred.
- Experience performing platform integrations using existing REST APIs.
- Proficient in well-structured use of HTML tags and CSS selectors/properties.
- Experience implementing security for sensitive information on internal and public-facing web applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Functions generally performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to work as a team member to solve problems and exchange information.
- External contact with software vendors will exist.
- Minimal travel should be expected.