Website Developer Job Description: Versar, Inc. is a global project management company based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with project offices around the world. Since 1969, Versar has provided technical and management support to federal, state, and local government clients as well as to industries worldwide, delivering construction management, environmental sciences and engineering infrastructure solutions. Versar offers tailored and secure solutions in harsh environments providing clients with comprehensive engineering and construction management, environmental and professional services.
Duty Location: Fort McCoy, near La Crosse, WI.
- Work with 88th Readiness Division (RD) Information Management Office (IMO) and staff support to manage the ongoing development and support activities of various Command Web sites and customer portals that support both internal and field operations.
- Advise IMO staff on status and capabilities of the Share Point site.
- Evaluate and examine new processes, procedures and technology to improve the Share Point site. Prepare and recommend changes and updates to the system to the IMO staff and leadership.
- Provide administrative oversite, guidance and teambuilding advice to up to three Web Designer contractor personnel.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Web service integrations between key technology platforms.
- Create site layouts and user interfaces from provided design concepts leveraging best-of-breed Web development practices.
- Update content to various Web entities provided by client content contributors.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Staff area POC for development requests and changes to SharePoint.
- Follows the Configuration Management Plan to develop working solutions for staff use within SharePoint.
- Locally manages content owned by the staff area and ensures the completeness of the data for use by other staff areas and/or personnel.
- Will occasionally work with Microsoft Office products relating to data input & output from SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with Master’s Degree preferred, OR acceptable work experience in specific duty/field. Preference to individuals with 15-25 years of experience and a minimum of 1-3 years of facilities operations management, and/or 1-3 years of environmental program management, supporting DoD entities; Department of the U S Army is preferred.
- Experience working with users to gather requirements and design solutions.
- Must have strong communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, workflow processes and forms for both input and output of data.
- Analytical thought process to ensure a top line product is both researched properly and delivered for use.