The Web Developer is responsible for the implementation and/or installation of designated web software, forms and other web projects, as well as support operations for the web infrastructure.
- Third-party software installation and management.
- In-house software creation and management.
- Assist with Web form management.
- Miscellaneous web projects, as needed.
- Construct and sustain custom user-centric web applications and standard compliant websites and web applications using current web standards and best practices.
- Design and develop UI for new webpages and projects in accordance with latest UX standards, brand standards, and component-based web design
- Convert graphic layouts and content into fully functional websites.
- Assist the institution and its various departments as a subject matter expert and troubleshooter for all things related to the web.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 3 years of web development including database management and ecommerce.
- Strong proficiency with the construction of custom user-centric web applications using PHP and MySQL. These applications need to utilize current web standards and best practices.
- Strong proficiency in LAMP and/or WAMP development and interrelated technologies.
- An ability to set up, administer and modify 3rd party server-side software.
- An ability to convert graphic layouts and content from Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Figma into fully functional websites with pixel perfect accuracy.
- An eye for detail, strong grasp of web standards, usability standards, technology trends, SEO/SEM principles, device portability and browser compatibility.
- Must work well within a multidisciplinary team, capable of processing multiple projects; simultaneously and rapidly – sometimes on a moment’s notice.
- An ability to assist the institution and its various departments as a subject matter expert, trainer, and troubleshooter for all things related to the web.
- Be able to give valued insight and perspective in the form of project scope documentation and timing for tasks.
- Must be able to work outside the normal working schedule, as needed.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.
Gulfport, Florida, United States