At Heartland, you’ll be able to achieve your full potential through innovation and life-long learning. A successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate success in delivering web solutions. You’ll be able to deepen your skills while working on challenging projects. As a Web developer/Software engineer you’ll be highly visible throughout HBS, our clients and in the professional community building both the HBS brand and your own brand.
Culture fit (CORE Values)
- Do what’s right, always.
- Serve others in trusting, respectful relationships.
- Deliver a great experience (externally and internally).
- Find a solution and lesson; not a problem and fault.
- Practice endless personal growth.
- Be tenacious about continuous improvement.
- Together we celebrate our successes and make it fun.
- Deliver results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software.
- Develop using cutting edge technologies to match the fit for our customer from a time, budget, and technical needs.
- Leverage Kentico CMS systems to provide a foundation framework for our customer websites.
- Estimate development effort required to deliver small and large projects.
- Mentor otherdevelopers in developing scalable, secure, responsive applications.
- Provide application support with focus on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Follow Agile development practices for delivering software components.
- Presales consulting in order to frame in solution architectures.
- Design reusable services and components to build composite applications.
- Provide leadership role in designing applications for our customers.
- Working Under Pressure – Desire to develop applications in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to quickly learn new technologies to deliver solutions.
- Time Management- Strong time management skills.
- Detail Oriented – Produce high quality work deliverables leveraging defined methods/standards within Avastone.
- Adaptability- Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight timeframes.
- Communication, Oral – Good ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Good ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to mentor other software engineers and lead development efforts.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Customer Oriented – Expertise in Professional Services or similar client facing roles in a client/vendor relationship
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in business or related I.T. discipline preferred
- Experience: 6+ years related experience designing and building web based applications.
- Web Focused
- 2+ years’ experience developing websites utilizing the Kentico CMS, portal method preferred.
- 4+ years' experience developing websites utilizing other CMS systems
- Working knowledge of .NET technologies including C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- Working knowledge on SEO concepts and integrating into websites
- Developer level certifications in CMS systems preferred
- Ability to triage complex component level issues including performance issues.
- Good knowledge in server side and client side development practices.
- Strong Object Oriented development experience utilizing design patterns.
- Working knowledge of SQL utilizing MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Mobile application development experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- Microsoft developer level certification a plus.